Fantasy Fantasy Football League

14 Aug

FantasyFootball

This year I am embarking on a new manventure: Fantasy Football.

I am excited to compete against some of my brothers in Christ, but I am also painfully aware of how out of my depth I am. I’m a huge nerd, but that nerdiness doesn’t typically extend into the realm of sports… But could it?

What if instead of putting together a fantasy team,  I put together a fantasy fantasy team?

Think about it! How cool would it be to have a team with…

• Gandalf on defensive line (“None shall pass!”)
  • Juggernaut as a running back (once he gets moving, nothing can stop him
  • Dhalsim as kicker (he’s got serious legs and great extension)
  • Ender Wiggin as coach (natural strategist/underdog)

If you could draft any superhero, mythological creature, wizard, alien, video game character, etc. who would you pick and why?

Let’s put together the ultimate team of good guys and bad guys!

15 Responses to “Fantasy Fantasy Football League”

1. Eärdil August 14, 2013 at 12:05 #

I see why you would want Ender as coach, but I think he would be better as QB. And Paul Atreides as coach. Strategy is good, prescience is better.

• More Than A Beard August 14, 2013 at 12:14 #

The populace must think their ruler is a greater man than they, else why should they follow him? Above all a leader must be a showman, giving his people the bread and circuses they require.

-DUKE PAULUS ATREIDES

2. Josh S. August 14, 2013 at 12:20 #

I’d like to nominate Darth Vader for PA announcer.

3. Mark F. August 14, 2013 at 13:20 #

I nominate Tanner Kutzler – aka. “Pandamonium” for linebacker.

4. Tyler August 14, 2013 at 13:47 #

Thor and Loki because a couple of gods would be helpful. superman for safety for good speed and hitting abilities.

• More Than A Beard August 14, 2013 at 14:12 #

I’m assuming Thor and Loki on opposing teams?

Supes would probably be anybody’s first pick. He’s definitely the Adrian Peterson of the Fantasy Fantasy League.

5. Thomas Kvamme August 14, 2013 at 15:01 #

I found the lineup from when some friends and I came up with a Heroes vs Villians All-Star baseball team.

Super Hero All-Star Team

Catcher: Bowser

Designated Hitter: Bebop & Rocksteady

Basecoach: Sauron
    General Manager: Lex Luthor
    Owner: Ozymandias

• More Than A Beard August 14, 2013 at 15:06 #

Sooooo much win in this list… Bullseye and Ryu are inspired selections…

6. Forrest Roy Johnson August 14, 2013 at 15:54 #

Hmm. Cthulhu as defensive lineman (nothing causes sacks like MADNESS). Boromir can just alternate teams. Zaphod Beeblebrox as the over-enthusiastic, overrated backup QB. (Do I dare a Tebow reference here? Yes. Yes I do.) And can we put the T-Rex out there somewhere, please??

• More Than A Beard August 14, 2013 at 16:02 #

Cthulhu makes an appearance! Fantastic!
      I’d love to put the T-Rex in, but not as a wide receiver…

• Forrest Roy Johnson August 14, 2013 at 19:03 #

He can be the punter. The imagery just makes me giggle.

7. Tyler August 14, 2013 at 18:41 #

Yes, Thor and Loki would be on opposing teams. Not sure what positions each would line up as.
    May I also suggest Flash as a receiver with his good speed. I could also see him contribute a lot on special teams. Would not necessarily see him as a starter, but you could find a place if we’re looking for a 53 man roster.

• Mark F. August 15, 2013 at 16:13 #

While I like Superman as running back, I think that the obvious choice is Juggernaut…. Also, I like the Hulk as Defensive end/backup Fullback (just in case someone hit Jugs after he stopped moving.